You’d barf if you saw the stitched up wound and the drain in his chest. But you’d laugh yourself silly watching him trying to walk, eat and drink in this thing. Poor boy. We’re taking action against the neighbours, their cats are unfed, untrained and aggressive. It’s cost us $880 in 7 months – half of that in the past 2 days – and Rastus is a shadow of his former porky self. The stress is just eating him up.
In a somewhat related matter kiwis and australians can now buy my felt dogs and other things here. I spent a few weeks thinking about whether I should give up crafting altogether or if I should take it further. Our finances decided that one for me in the end. Or rather Mr Conehead up there decided it for me!
Filed under cats, shop talk
Well wordpress ate my blog for the second timein as many days. The fair was today and it was a lot of fun. I was across from alison of agnes coy and her stuff is always extremely tempting – and her husband is gorgeous. Oh my he is yum – please don’t tell him I said that Alison!!
I swapped for this doll from stitchpixie:
I splurged on the worlds yummiest cupcakes and this handdyed sock yarn from needlefood beecause I am easily swayed by pretty colours – thank goodness I set a 2 skein limit!
I tried to blog last week but wordpress ate it. I have had a physical breakdown of some sort similar to a stroke so my typing is shit, I am slurring like a drunk and am very frustrated. I saw the infertility doctor the day it happened and he was not concerned and it seems to just be a physical reaction to the stress so I just need to cancel all commitments I can and relax – if it doesn’t clear up by Tuesday will do to the doctor though! Oh and specialist said I don’t ovulate – so the problem isnt just Dave like we thought. It’s me too which means a double hurdle. Am giving it a year to try fertility treatments (we only get too funded tries which is not much really) then back to adoption . Only so much heartache I can handle.
By the way (typing dependent) I will be listing the soft toys over the next few days in my shop if you want any. Hobby horses are available for locals betweeen here and masterton. I have all of them left 😦
My hiatus was only little but it was enough to make me a lot happier and I was able to make a few decisions. It’s a slow process but I feel like I am more on track now.
– I finally bought earplugs. Why oh WHY did I wait so long?? Best sleep I have ever had since I met The Man And Cat Who Snore.
– A change of direction. This is the big issue that was bugging me 24/7 for a while. I wanted to make new things, learn something new, change where I was headed. I couldn’t figure out how to start the process and it drove me nuts. I’m not there yet but I am finally heading where I want to head again.
– Part of that process involved closing my etsy shop for a while and finally opening my Felt.co.nz shop here. Because it’s NZ based and the NZ$ is so rubbish right now it means much cheaper prices for overseas customers. I am still slogging through making a hobby horse my grandma paid for ummm 2 months ago but as soon as that $#&@*%! thing is finally done I will be loading the shop with new things. I was actually on the verge of giving up crafting but this new direction has made me feel great.
– We should have an appointment to see a fertility specialist within the next 3 months. I could be pregnant before I turn 31. Ok, public health system so make that 32 but still…the day is drawing nearer.
– Dave’s mother has been given 3-6 months to live. It’s nice to have a more firm time frame on that, since we were so worried she was at deaths door right now.
– The one really upsetting thing for me is Rastus has developed mental problems. He was handling everything so well for so long but it all suddenly got too much for him. A new cat downstairs, Ginga coming back, the neighbours cats picking on him so much. Between our property and the one next door there are 6 cats and something snapped in Rastus’ brain and he’s become….scary. He still has these moments of smoochy loving cuddles but then in the blink of an eye he can chjange and fly at your face. He’s growling and hissing, not just at Ginga but at us too. And the front door. He suddenly hates the front door. I did a little research and it’s all to do with losing territory. Apparently it should die down within a few months to a year but a year of having my beloved cat fly at my face….and I also worry about what having a baby would do to him. So now moving to a new house is the #1 priority to give him and Ginga equal territory with no horrible neighbour cats. Until he is better it means that putting clothes on him has to stop 😦
– It’s not much but I decided to have a teeny tiny weeny little giveaway. I have tried to sell these buttons on Trade Me but I cannot do it. I love them that much. Selling them feels wrong. I bought them for…well I’m too embarrassed to say how much I spent on them but they are some of the most expensive buttons ever made I’m sure. So rather than have them sit there unused forever I thought that somebody might like them. So if you want them leave a comment and I will pick a winner on Tuesday evening US time.
I’ve decided to take a wee break from blogging, flickring etc. As usual this may turn out to be 3 days or 3 weeks or who knows how long. I can feel the need for change in my life building and building in different ways. I want to make different things, I want to move to a house where my cats are happier, I want to finally get an appointment to see a fertility specialist (2-6 month waiting list and we’re at 3 months so it’s driving me nuts). Dave’s mother is back in hospital and fading fast. Poor Dave acts all tough about his crazy family but I know he’s upset. Luckily his boss said something about a pay bonus recently so we will have just enough money for him to fly down for the funeral.
So it’s time to take a break and work on our life in private. If you should happen to get the urge to support our little family most things in my shop are on sale in preperation for a change of direction and I’ll still be replying to comments. See you soon.
Ever since I made the first string of bunting with vintage embroidered linens I have been on the lookout for more but alas…there just seems to be a shortage of them in Wellington thrift stores. But recently when we were up in a small town called (I’m so not giving away my source lol) we found this great little shop that was like the motherlode. They import vintage linens from the US so they are more expensive than thrifted ones but wow wow WOW. Americans have NO idea how lucky they are to have easy access to all those old things. So finally this week I finished another bunting. Purple. I love purple, it’s hard for purple not to be fun.
So if you’ve ever wanted a string of fun purple bunting on your wall or if you’ve ever wanted some but didn’t know you wanted some go check it out in my shop. But if purple isn’t your thing no worries, I’ll be making more real soon. Cos some things…you just have to, ya know?
There’s a couple of Waldorf crowns in the shop now. They are both pink but will be followed by boys ones as soon as I get more boy style linen tape. If I ever have a son he’ll spend his life begging me to buy less pink! I’m trying hard lately to be a little less in love with pink – just in case I do one day have a son. In the last 62 years my mothers side has produced 2 boys and 9 girls. I can’t help but think we’re due for a few boy babies! They are so hard to make stuff for though – or is that just me?
What else is new? Ummm. We got our breadmaker! The first attempt at white bread flopped. It was soggy and heavy and we felt like we’d just bought a $95 fart maker. Nasty LOL. I tried WHO bread today and it worked a bit better – less heavy. I think it has something to do with the brand of yeast I am using. I’ll hit the right recipe eventually. Or beg you all for one!
Other than the heady world of breadmaking I am trying hard to live ‘in the moment’. Just sitting and reading a book and thinking of nothing but what I am doing. I am so rushed this week and it feel good to slow down a bit from time to time. Rastus has made it his main priority too and has claimed any shafts of sunlight that have hit the living room this week:
Cats really know how to live the good life don’t they? (BTW I have a swap request next entry if you’re interested in craft books and a giveaway at the end of the month)
Filed under cats, shop talk
An exceptionally needy cat with no idea just how much humans like to sleep at night and a grumpy exhausted boyfriend (because of many nights of said needy cat) put paid to my plans for a day in town. I doubt I could have opened my eyes at 7am even if you paid me. So I decided to do my shop update today to keep busy and not think about how hot it is and how tired I am and how very much I want to strangle my cat. Remind me why I want to have a baby when it seems like I already have one.
This was featured on the CRAFT blog which is always exciting (welcome to all the new readers of my blog):
This was finished last night while I waited for the cat to settle down for the night:
They can be found here with a bunch of other things.