I had a feeling that I had finished nothing in 2010 – I certainly felt like I started a lot of things and finished none. As usual my fears were totally unjustified – I finished many things and some of them were actually pretty good too:
I starting writing a 2011 Goals list but it got longer and longer and frankly began to alarm me – so many things I could fail at! Rather than list every single thing to achieve this year I’ve picked 5 things that I’d like to do this year – I can do them at any stage during the year or not at all. They are all things I can start, stop and start again at any time. No pressure!
- Save money – I’m starting with my spare change because that’s about all my budget will cope with right now and if that works then the odd banknote might get saved too. Or not. Any money saved is better than no money saved.
- Start a vegetable garden – I planned that for the current summer but between a lack of money and learning the ways of our microclimate it didn’t happen. Planning for November 2011.
- Stop drinking soda. I switched from Coke to Coke Zero at the specialists advice to help lose weight but I feel like I’m essentially drinking poison. If I’m going to have a bun in my oven one day I’d like the oven to be fairly clean and in good working order.
- Implement the Flylady system to clean the house. I don’t have kids yet, how can two adults make a house so messy?
- Sell online. That’ll help #1.
There’s no pressure on me to do them – if I do them before the end of the year then yay for me but if I don’t then my life won’t have changed so it won’t be a loss to me. The crafty part of the ‘to do’ list remains however and it’s daunting to look at. I’ll share it next time but right now I have a pixie hat to dye.