Around here we operate on the reward system. I’m lazy, I need something to aim for. As I slog through this weight loss journey I have decided I need LOTS of somethings to aim for. If I have gotta give up cheesecake then damn it, I want rewards aplenty, thank you very much. So I have decided to reward myself at six points – six rewards should be enough to keep me motivated. I’ve struggled with what those rewards should be though. First I decided they should be baby related but quickly decided that since a baby is the ultimate aim of this journey that the rewards should be completely selfish. Hmmm, yeah I can cope with that. I have tried to make the early ones small and gradually get bigger. If anyone has any better ideas than the ones I hae chosen please feel free to tell me about it!
– 5% goal (5% of my beginning weight watchers weight lost – 103.2kg): paint a vase at Swish Dish. School holidays are in July, I better hurry up and drop the weight! I hope to hit this goal in 2 weeks, 3 max. I desperately need a vase. You know, for the flowers that Dave never buys me.
– Under 100kg: A facial at the beauty school clinic. Double figures, it’s been a while. Looking forward to it. And there’s nothing like a little pampering at cut price.The shoulder massage is gooooood. Oh my yes.
– 10% goal (97.8kg): still haven’t picked one yet. Any ideas that are fairly cheap and super indulgent are welcome! I’m leaning towards ankle boots but I know you guys always have great ideas!
– 90kg: bra shopping – after losing 18.7kg the girls will need some fresh support plus I’ll finally fit bras that come in a colour other than beige. Oh yes!!
– 85kg: MY REFERRAL WEIGHT!!! This is the weight at which the doctor can refer me for fertility treatment. I get to make that skirt I bougt some pretty fabric and a book for. I havent worn a skirt in…..but damn, I’m going to strut into that bossy doctors office looking good.
– 80kg: Get married. The waiting list once you get referred for publicly funded treatment can be long so I figure losing 5 extra kilo’s can only be a good buffer. Plus as a cherry on top I’ll look super gorgeous when we get married next summer.