I haven’t felt particularly energetic this week and have chosen to take it rather low key and do a little crafting. There’s just something so satisfying about making progress in long term WIP’s or even starting and finishing a project within the same week.
– I’ve finished dyeing my kool aid colours. A tutorial will be coming next week if you are interested? Now to start my project…
– I spent a wonderful hour sitting on the back steps in the autumn sun making a little progress on my ripple scarf. I’m on track to finish it…in Spring unless I pick up the pace. But oh that hour was just what I needed. A glass of icey cold Coke Zero, a lurking Rastus and overhearing two little boys who were climbing a very big tree nearby. Funniest phrase overheard: “ouch, my ding dong. My ding ding a long.” *snort* kids.
– Finally cutting into that pile of linens. I so love giving them a second life instead of binning them:
– Handmade Beginnings by Anna Maria Horner came yesterday at long last. I have coveted that book for ages.
– This quilt is the reason why. And oh my gosh this photo even has a tiny little baby on it:
It’s enough to make me get teary to think of making my own version for my own baby. I had to postpone my next fertility appointment until August. It should have been today so it makes me feel more than a little down. This weight loss is hard people. I’m thinking it’s time to call in the big guns. Weight Watchers. *sigh* Tuesdays 6pm, down at the community centre. I can do that. Like my motto says: it’s for a baby, it’s worth it. Plus my mum said she’d help me pay for it. I can live with that.