My hiatus was only little but it was enough to make me a lot happier and I was able to make a few decisions. It’s a slow process but I feel like I am more on track now.
– I finally bought earplugs. Why oh WHY did I wait so long?? Best sleep I have ever had since I met The Man And Cat Who Snore.
– A change of direction. This is the big issue that was bugging me 24/7 for a while. I wanted to make new things, learn something new, change where I was headed. I couldn’t figure out how to start the process and it drove me nuts. I’m not there yet but I am finally heading where I want to head again.
– Part of that process involved closing my etsy shop for a while and finally opening my Felt.co.nz shop here. Because it’s NZ based and the NZ$ is so rubbish right now it means much cheaper prices for overseas customers. I am still slogging through making a hobby horse my grandma paid for ummm 2 months ago but as soon as that $#&@*%! thing is finally done I will be loading the shop with new things. I was actually on the verge of giving up crafting but this new direction has made me feel great.
– We should have an appointment to see a fertility specialist within the next 3 months. I could be pregnant before I turn 31. Ok, public health system so make that 32 but still…the day is drawing nearer.
– Dave’s mother has been given 3-6 months to live. It’s nice to have a more firm time frame on that, since we were so worried she was at deaths door right now.
– The one really upsetting thing for me is Rastus has developed mental problems. He was handling everything so well for so long but it all suddenly got too much for him. A new cat downstairs, Ginga coming back, the neighbours cats picking on him so much. Between our property and the one next door there are 6 cats and something snapped in Rastus’ brain and he’s become….scary. He still has these moments of smoochy loving cuddles but then in the blink of an eye he can chjange and fly at your face. He’s growling and hissing, not just at Ginga but at us too. And the front door. He suddenly hates the front door. I did a little research and it’s all to do with losing territory. Apparently it should die down within a few months to a year but a year of having my beloved cat fly at my face….and I also worry about what having a baby would do to him. So now moving to a new house is the #1 priority to give him and Ginga equal territory with no horrible neighbour cats. Until he is better it means that putting clothes on him has to stop 😦
– It’s not much but I decided to have a teeny tiny weeny little giveaway. I have tried to sell these buttons on Trade Me but I cannot do it. I love them that much. Selling them feels wrong. I bought them for…well I’m too embarrassed to say how much I spent on them but they are some of the most expensive buttons ever made I’m sure. So rather than have them sit there unused forever I thought that somebody might like them. So if you want them leave a comment and I will pick a winner on Tuesday evening US time.