My new workbasket is sort of working. By that I mean I did something from in it. Admittedly for that one project I removed I then added ummm…six. So yeah, statistically it’s not looking good but the theory is sound. Something actually got done and it was something I had put off for months which is a bonus.
I experimented with tea dying. Not terribly successfully as you can see but now I have an idea of what to do for next time. First thing I learned was not to use an old t-shirt. The sweaty pit stains may have been washed out long ago but the tea will still stain them like you just ran a marathon with tea coloured sweat. Mmmm sexy. I also could have used a bigger bowl with more water and tried the recommended 2-3 hours rather than the 15 or so I dyed it for. My timing is off, I have a habit of starting projects at 9pm at night and realising that rinsing and machine washing fabric at midnight on a weeknight may piss Dave off a little bit. I was hoping to use the t-shirt fabric to make one of sooz’s steiner dolls but it came out far too blotchy to use so I might have to actually buy some.
Anyway…just so the only photo in this entry is not of discoloured t-shirt scraps here’s one from the Tiny Tales book I thrifted the other day. It’s my favourite illustration from the book although I scanned a few if anyone wants to see more.