– This is my 196th post on this blog. I’m planning to have a giveaway for my 200th post – although if finances continue this way it’ll be a really small one 😉
– The title reference? I forgot to change the oven from grill to bake before I started roasting the chicken and potatoes. I only noticed after an hour. Which is actually a lot sooner than I usually notice – if at all. Those two little buttons cause me so much grief in the kitchen! After yet another panicked call to my grandma (who will probably change her phone number soon) the chicken came out oh so very good. Perfect. The potatoes….not so good.I don’t advise roasting a chicken my way BTW. It’s stressful.
– My mum freaked me out yesterday by telling me that my grandma had a funny turn on Monday. She had an ECG and they found a heart abnormality! Her mother died of a heart thing and it was scary to realise that one day the matriach of my whole family will be gone. I have been very lucky so far, I still have 3 grandparents.
– Earlier this year we began the long process of adopting a baby. Or at least going into the adoption pool. We went to the information evening and filled out the forms but we felt at the time that we weren’t in the best position to go ahead. After 6 months of thinking, pining, debating, calculating and much much more thinking we have decided that 2009 is our year. I have a whole big post about it for my next entry – and it involves crafts (because this is a craft blog, sometimes.)
– Dave is on holiday for the next 3 weeks. God help me. But I intend to get some more driving practise in. God help pedestrians.