I’ve tried blogging about the random interesting things in an interesting way but alas there seems to be none so here is the mish mash for you to pick and choose from:
– Knitters, click the link at your own risk: this has got to be the worlds most enormous yarn stash. I’ve never even seen a yarn store that has this much in it! As a non-knitter I don’t really understand the pull of wool but as a crafter I am pretty damn envious of a large stash!
– Michaelangelo’s ceiling art in the Sistine Chapel…in cross stitch! TEN years work!! I am speechless when I look at this, totally speechless. You can even buy the pattern, if you’re crazy enough to want a really long term project!
– I won a writing contest! Within the next two weeks I will have enough money to drastically improve our lives and lift a lot of stress from our shoulders. The contest was for erotic writing so I haven’t gone into detail here or in emails but I am going to have a whole chapter of stories in their book this year – up from just one story last year – so I am thrilled. The need to write is as natural to me as the need to stitch has become. It’s made me think about trying to put a whole book of my own work together.
– That was enough motivation to decide to bite the bullet and go back to school. Baby steps, one paper (Intro Sociol Anthropology) over summer starting in November. I’m hoping that then I will finally be able to pick a major and make some progress next year. Picking a major has been a…errmm…major issue for me.
– Last news: I am running a workshop at the next Craft 2.0! A 2 hour introduction to embroidery called Sublime Stitching with Steph – funnily enough we’ll be working with a Sublime Stitching pattern. The first half of the workshop will be about learning the basic stitches and the second half we’ll be stitching pretty, colourful sugar skulls. You go home with all the stuff you need to start you off on a lifetime of embroidering including a handout with websites and tips to help you. If you’re local you can apply here. It’s going to be so much fun!