I took the holidays off from my attempt to de-stash cos it was a losing battle with Dave home and a fat writing commission in the bank. So I decided to postpone de-stashing from December 24th until Jan the 7th when the local op shop re-opened from its holiday. The rain meant I couldn’t until today though so as soon as there was a hint of sunshine today I filled two bags full of stuff and waddled down the hill (a damn good workout) to give it all back to the op shop I bought it from. It really only scratched the surface of the ‘stuff’ but after the spending lately it was something.
So far this week: (bear in mind I still actually have some of that $700 left)
- 5 fabrics
- 1 art canvas
- 1 embroidery pattern book (It was $2, I had to)
- 1 soft fabric toy mag (also $2, no choice but to buy it)
- 1 linen/rayon shirt (to embroider on when I cut it up)
- 1 single duvet (to cut up)
- 1 elephant toy (for my elephant collection)
- 1 pack of bells for crafting
- 1 bag of wooden pigs (don’t ask)
- 1 book (free with a newspaper promotion – The Boleyn Inheritance)
- 3 mini easel stands for my crafts
- 2 puzzle books
- 4 ribbons (velvet was $1 a metre)
- 10 embroidery threads
- 10 recycled paper envelopes
Total in: 43 (yikes)
- 10 magazines – op shop
- 14 books – op shop: where I bought most of them from in the first place
- 1 Hardcover Harry Potter exercise book – never used it but it’s old as
- 1 rubbish yoyo – Binned: from a Christmas cracker, it didn’t even work
- 1 cookie snack container thing – freebie from Supermarket
- 1 glittery painted rock – I will buy anything sparkly. I got it at a gypsy fair.
- 1 bag – op shop
- 1 US Flag: bought in the US on my trip there 2.5 yrs ago. I was swept up in Patriotism and didn’t think about the fact that I have no need for a 5ftx3ft flag.
- 19 embroidery threads – sent to Eva as part of a private swap
Out: 49 (this is only de-stash #1 for this week, all I could carry)
There will be a major de-stash over the next couple of weeks. I MUST find my craft desk again, I keep losing it. I’m still buying a lot but I am at least starting to think more before I buy. The thought of $2 Shops now fills me with dread, all that Chinese sweatshop labour and plastic crap.