We took a day trip to a beach about 2 1/2 hours away since Dave is going back to work next week(I’ll be sercety glad to have the house to myself during the days to sew!) . The drive was a blur to me, my stomach and the bf driving at high speed over a huge curvy hill…not a good combo. But it was a good day in the end despite a few hiccups:
– I burnt one arm really badly. I had my left arm up on the window frame (passengers sit on the left in NZ) there and back, about 5 hours of sunshine on my left arm. Only my left arm. It’s glowing right now and so painful.
– I (you’ll notice a pattern: it’s all ‘I’, never ‘He’) busted the zip on my jeans in my attempt to pee without touching the public toilet. And I failed at that too. So we had to go shopping on the way home. Cos that was my only pair of jeans. Naturally.
– Some jerk was driving really erratically so we had to call the cops on him. I hate driving behind people swerving around, I can’t help but envision them crashing right before our eyes.
But there were good bits too:
– The years exercise in one day
– Lots of sun and holiday home envy
– Sitting in the car in the shade of a tree, just chilling with my baby on a weekday
– Just chilling with my baby on any day
– The best fruit ice cream (strawberry) ever
– These photos:
I can’t believe I climbed that!!