This year has steadily gotten worse and after today I’m absolutely exhausted and it’s only 3 months into it. I won’t even begin to list the dramas but they are constant and expensive. I knew early on that this year was going to suck but I had no idea (thank goodness!) just how draining it would actually be. It’s really really forcing me to look for the positives – which is nice but doesn’t come naturally to me. So I think it’s time for a deep breath to ponder the positives of this rather trying year:
- I made scented playdough for the fair today. It didn’t sell well but sometimes people just don’t behave the way you want them to. And damn, it did smell good – that chocolate one in particular was very trying for this struggling weight watchers member! Thankfully it has salt in it so I won’t actually try eating it!
- After nearly 2.5 years of not embroidering I was inspired by finding a nearly finished badbird design I started….a long time ago. I can’t wait to finish it and make it into a softie.
- I got a letter from the fertility place about our appointment with good medical news. More progress which is good, now we just wait for that pesky funding and a date for treatment.
- I saw these on the thrift store counter when I was buying a book and needless to say I couldn’t resist. Sheepskin lined baby booties – winter is so close and I really am tempted to try make a pair in my size:
- Dave bought me a new desk from the thrift store today which is much more suited for my sewing room than my old one. We had to slot it into the car like a jigsaw puzzle which was….fun. I do love that man.
- I got to hold a sweet 2 year old girl last week. Oh my. Good thing she was too heavy to run off with! (bad joke!)